Monday 3 January 2011

Introducing...

My cafe review journal

...Clare’s cafe chronicles a record of cafes visited, recipes tried and tested and other musings.  A collection of recollections initially, I endeavour to eventually bring my blog into real time with content posted ‘as it happens’.

Based on the jottings within a small notepad which has frequented my person for the last few years and contains my innermost cafe/cake/coffee-related musings, I will at first be transcribing my reviews based on past visits but fully intend to add real-time reviews as my little notepad swells. 

Although I am very fond of coffee, and of cake for that matter (carrot or chocolate fudge would be my preference, if you were wondering), I cannot proclaim to be a foodie, connoisseur or even a particularly good baker (my friends, colleagues and family kindly refer to my pursuits as ‘experimental baking’). In fact, I have very little experience of working in cafes; spending 4 months working in a local cafe one summer and whilst studying in Melbourne does not an expert make. I am a layman; a novice; Jo Public; Jo Blogs. 

However, I bring my inexperience to the blogging table as a symbol of my suitability to write about cafes and cakes as I approach the subject matter much in the same way I imagine my readers to. I do not have superior knowledge; I am simply seeking to record my experiences of visiting certain eating establishments in the hope that doing so will be informative and hopefully entertaining. 

Therefore, as I attempt to cast my critical eye over establishments in order to provide ‘reviews’ for your reading pleasure, please keep in mind that they are based on my opinion only.

No comments:

Post a Comment